Monday, December 19, 2011

Regocijad!

I hope everyone has a great Christmas!  I am glad that I am not the only one that will be spending Christmas is a warmer climate.  Though I doubt, as I look through beads of sweat at the monitor, that you are going to have temperatures like we are having here.
 
Like you, I too had the opportunity to go to a Senior Citizen Home, this past week.  We went because the Branch was having a service project there.  For starters, I would`t mind living at this one.  It was ten times nicer than any house I have stepped foot in.  The old people are very well taken care of here.  They were all very friendly to us.  It was a nice addition to my Thursday.
 
The highlight of the week has got to go to last night.  12 missionaries, and about as many members, formed a little choir.  We were invited to an activity that featured preformances from several different churches in the community.  If you ever have the chance to stand on a lighted stage, with more than a thousand people watching in the plaza, as you sing Christmas hymns, take it.  We did have a pretty hard act to follow with a group of kids playing gospel rock; but I think we took `em.  I was lucky enough to have one of the mics stuck RIGHT in front of me.  I hope every Argentine present took advantage of the Gringo accent, because I gave it all I got.
 
Well, this is the week before Christmas. So what better way to celebrate than to read about Christ`s birth in St. Luke?!  Give it a shot.
 
I love you all very much!
 
Elder McMurray
 

No comments:

Post a Comment