16 years, Mom. 16 years of Pinwood Derbies, Cub Scout Day Camp, and 5 Arrows of Light. I feel that is definitely deserving of a moment-of-silence turning into a resounding applause.
Dad, wow, you really jumped into the Geek Squad fast...
It sounds like life is ever changing and ever growing. At times I´m a little jealous. But then I start to think. Then I realize what I am doing. I think I win.. :)
For all of you chasers out there... I finished the Book of Mormon. Yep, I did it. For those that were trying to make a late, Hail Mary pass to the finish, I will give you the official results. I officially finished this morning (the 4th) at 8:32am, local time (about 7:32am EST). Every time I read in the Book of Mormon, it strengthens my testimony in my Savior, Jesus Christ. I´ve really come to cherish the time that I have to read in that great book. Sometimes, we need to ask ourselves questions, though: ¨Am I really using this book to its fullest potential?¨ ¨How can I apply it to my daily life?¨ ¨How is my testimony doing, in relation to the Book of Mormon?¨ Eat it up. Drink it up. Read it up. Live it up.
On a slightly sadder note, I had to let go of two of my best friends. Probably my most faithful friends in my entire mission. This week, I put to rest(sleep, down, however you want to call it..) my first pair of shoes. With more than 5 holes, they really pushed it to their limits. No matter how heavy the pressure was that they were put under, they always came through for me. Johnny Cash´s song, ¨I´ve Been Everywhere,¨ is quite accurate. Rest In Peace, my good lad.
This week, we had the amazing opportunity to talk to two different people that have cancer. The Plan that God has for us is so true. It is so complete, so pure, so perfect. One thing that I really liked from these two experiences was their outlook on life. It starts with the faith. Everything starts with your faith. In the Tunnel of Life there are two directions. Backwards or Forwards. Backwards is so familiar. But when you take that step into the unknown, that is when you learn. Which way are you heading in the tunnel?
I love you all lots!
Elder McMurray
No comments:
Post a Comment